WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (AP) — Sam Ostarello had 22 points and 19 rebounds Monday night and No. 12 Purdue defeated Ohio State 82-75 in triple overtime. Courtney Moses led the Boilermakers (14-2, 3-0) with 24 points. Her layup late in the second extra period tied it at 68 after Ohio State had a 68-62 lead. All three of the Boilermakers’ Big 10 wins were in overtime. Ameryst Alston, who played all 55 minutes, had 24 points for Ohio State (10-7, 0-4), off to its worst Big 10 start. The Buckeyes played without Tayler Hill, out with an illness. Hill is averaging 21.3 points, best in the conference. Drey Mingo’s basket gave Purdue the lead for good at 72-70 and Dee Dee Williams later made a 3-pointer to put Purdue up by five. Mingo finished with 17 points. Darryce Moore had 16 points and 12 rebounds and Raven Ferguson also had 16 points for Ohio State.
- Ohio State podcast: Here are your 2018 Buckeyes’ breakout candidates
- Ohio State sends out offer to 2019 DB Kyle Hamilton
- What we know about Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins from his 2017 passing chart: Buckeyes football analysis
- Kurelic: Buckeyes recruiting Ohio; battling Alabama; more
- Ohio State recruiting: 5-star Buckeyes target wows with athleticism, elite linebacker plans visits