We’re celebrating a bit this week. BuckeyeNation turned 1 on Wednesday. And the Buckeyes got a 2014 quarterback to celebrate. Coincidence? (Yeah, probably.) We won’t dig our fingers into some sticky chocolate cake, but we will keep bringing on the links in Across The Field, a regular feature on BuckeyeNation where we point you to noteworthy Buckeyes coverage here and elsewhere. Think something should be included? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BuckeyeNation Week in Review
- Watching some of the big names come off the board in recent weeks, it was getting a little dicey for the Buckeyes at quarterback in 2014. But the coaches really like Georgia native Stephen Collier, who was a bit under the radar but is joining the Buckeyes’ contingent at the invite-only Elite 11 finals and The Opening this week.
- Collier should be a part of the mix when Braxton Miller moves on, writes Austin Ward.
- Collier wasn’t the only pledge this week, as ESPN 300 selection Jalyn Holmes also committed. He could be a tight end or defensive end.
- Ohio State held a one-day camp on Friday, an important one for underclassmen fishing for an offer. Here’s what we learned.
- The 2014 ESPN 300 was released on Monday. Brad Bournival provided the analysis and counted down the Buckeyes’ top 10 targets.
- The Buckeyes are No. 2 in ESPN’s Future Power Rankings, which spans the next three seasons. The blueprint is working, Ward writes.
- Jordan Hall is eager for another attempt at a senior season, writes Adam Rittenberg.
- Bradley Roby is the No. 2 cornerback in the country, according to ESPN’s Rod Gilmore.
- Ohio State is looking forward to making its schedule tougher, Ward writes.
- ESPN 300 lineman Demetrius Knox, who grew up in Ohio and has the Buckeyes high on his list, is always smiling.
- ESPN 300 receiver Austin Roberts has the Buckeyes in his final five.
- Fast-rising ESPN 300 DE Trent Harris has Ohio State in his top six.
- 2015 OT Sterling Jenkins is earning some lofty comparisons, writes Jared Shanker.
- Columbus’ mayor got involved in the recruitment of massive OL Matt Elam.
- Juco OL Chad Mavety was impressed by his visit.
- Five-star ILB and top OSU target Raekwon McMillan visited Florida.
- The Buckeyes lost out on WR Derek Kief, who is headed to Alabama.
- Ohio State is among five teams built to win in 2014, writes Travis Haney.
Continue reading this article at ESPN: Across The Field: Turning 1