FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Ohio State defensive end Noah Spence has been suspended for three games for violating an undisclosed Big Ten rule, meaning he will not play in the Orange Bowl on Friday night.Spence did not accompany the seventh-ranked Buckeyes to South Florida because of what the team called ”a personal issue.” He also will sit out the first two games of next season.Spence was an All-Big Ten player this season, leading the team with eight sacks and ranking sixth in the conference with 13 1/2 tackles for loss.Ohio State plays No. 12 Clemson in the Orange Bowl. Jamal Marcus and Steve Miller are among the candidates to take Spence’s spot on the field against the Tigers.
- Ohio State Football: Memories of last year's Penn State loss can't be blocked out
- Ohio State opens as 7-point favorite over Penn State: Buckeyes football news
- More GameDay for Penn State: ESPN's pregame show is heading to Ohio State for this weekend's big showdown
- ESPN College Gameday is coming to Columbus for Ohio State-Penn State
- A year ago today, Penn State turned a blocked kick and a strong effort into an upset over Ohio State