FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Ohio State defensive end Noah Spence has been suspended for three games for violating an undisclosed Big Ten rule, meaning he will not play in the Orange Bowl on Friday night.Spence did not accompany the seventh-ranked Buckeyes to South Florida because of what the team called ”a personal issue.” He also will sit out the first two games of next season.Spence was an All-Big Ten player this season, leading the team with eight sacks and ranking sixth in the conference with 13 1/2 tackles for loss.Ohio State plays No. 12 Clemson in the Orange Bowl. Jamal Marcus and Steve Miller are among the candidates to take Spence’s spot on the field against the Tigers.
- Best NFL draft picks of century: Top selections from Ohio State
- Urban Meyer: Big Ten is 'night and day what it was' when he took over at Ohio State
- Many Happy (Punt) Returns for the Buckeyes in 2017?
- Ohio State Football: Early signing period can only hurt Buckeyes’ recruiting
- Buckeye Football Notebook: 'He creates havoc in the backfield'