FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Ohio State defensive end Noah Spence has been suspended for three games for violating an undisclosed Big Ten rule, meaning he will not play in the Orange Bowl on Friday night.Spence did not accompany the seventh-ranked Buckeyes to South Florida because of what the team called ”a personal issue.” He also will sit out the first two games of next season.Spence was an All-Big Ten player this season, leading the team with eight sacks and ranking sixth in the conference with 13 1/2 tackles for loss.Ohio State plays No. 12 Clemson in the Orange Bowl. Jamal Marcus and Steve Miller are among the candidates to take Spence’s spot on the field against the Tigers.
- Ohio State Football: Urban Meyer Greedy When it Comes to DBs
- Ohio State's 2018 Recruiting Class is On Pace to Be Even Better than the Vaunted 2017 Class
- Ohio State On the Verge of Becoming the Second Program in History to Reach 900 All-Time Wins
- Ohio State assistant Kerry Coombs got a promotion
- 5 Ohio State basketball numbers that should be honored