FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Ohio State defensive end Noah Spence has been suspended for three games for violating an undisclosed Big Ten rule, meaning he will not play in the Orange Bowl on Friday night.Spence did not accompany the seventh-ranked Buckeyes to South Florida because of what the team called ”a personal issue.” He also will sit out the first two games of next season.Spence was an All-Big Ten player this season, leading the team with eight sacks and ranking sixth in the conference with 13 1/2 tackles for loss.Ohio State plays No. 12 Clemson in the Orange Bowl. Jamal Marcus and Steve Miller are among the candidates to take Spence’s spot on the field against the Tigers.
- Ohio State makes late push for elite 2018 OT
- Finding the above-replacement level receivers at Ohio State
- Football: Mike Weber eyes more rushing opportunities in return to Ohio State
- Ryan Day expected to turn down NFL wooing, stay at Ohio State
- REPORT: Ohio State OC to Remain in Columbus Despite NFL Offers