FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Ohio State defensive end Noah Spence has been suspended for three games for violating an undisclosed Big Ten rule, meaning he will not play in the Orange Bowl on Friday night.Spence did not accompany the seventh-ranked Buckeyes to South Florida because of what the team called ”a personal issue.” He also will sit out the first two games of next season.Spence was an All-Big Ten player this season, leading the team with eight sacks and ranking sixth in the conference with 13 1/2 tackles for loss.Ohio State plays No. 12 Clemson in the Orange Bowl. Jamal Marcus and Steve Miller are among the candidates to take Spence’s spot on the field against the Tigers.
Ohio State Video
- Michigan State Football: Spartans respect widely disrespected Hawkeyes
- Eye on Tonight’s CFP Rankings
- Virginia down starting point guard London Perrantes vs. Ohio State
- Moeller tight end Jake Hausmann to play in US Army All-American Bowl
- Get to know Chris Ash, the Ohio State assistant who is reportedly a ‘strong candidate’ at Syracuse