FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Ohio State defensive end Noah Spence has been suspended for three games for violating an undisclosed Big Ten rule, meaning he will not play in the Orange Bowl on Friday night.Spence did not accompany the seventh-ranked Buckeyes to South Florida because of what the team called ”a personal issue.” He also will sit out the first two games of next season.Spence was an All-Big Ten player this season, leading the team with eight sacks and ranking sixth in the conference with 13 1/2 tackles for loss.Ohio State plays No. 12 Clemson in the Orange Bowl. Jamal Marcus and Steve Miller are among the candidates to take Spence’s spot on the field against the Tigers.
- Kendall Sheffield National Signing Day 2017 player profile: Ohio State's best recruiting class ever
- Pro Football Focus lists Ohio State as one of teams most hurt by early departures
- New Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell taps into Ohio State roots for latest commitment
- Ben's Buckeye Recruiting Mailbag: Finishing Strong, Needs, Luke Fickell's Impact in Ohio
- Buckeye throwbacks in the running for Uniform of the Year