COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Two players were ejected after a scuffle broke out late in No. 24 Ohio State’s home game against Northwestern.Big men Amir Williams of the Buckeyes and the Wildcats’ Nikola Cerina exchanged shoves during a scrum under the basket with 5:24 left and Ohio State leading 66-50.Officials quickly stepped in, but not before the Buckeyes’ LaQuinton Ross also traded shoves with Cerina and other Northwestern players.The officials huddled at midcourt during a lengthy delay to decide penalties. After 10 minutes, Cerina and Ross were both ejected. The teams then shot a combined 10 free throws as a result of the conflict.Ross had led the Buckeyes to that point with 16 points. Cerina was scoreless with four fouls.To that point, there had not been any extraordinary contact in the game – the only one between the Big Ten teams during the regular season.
Ohio State Video
- Ohio State football | Assistant coach Kerry Coombs says he's staying with Buckeyes
- Twitter Round Up: Buckeyes Old and New React to Fickell's Departure
- Will Luke Fickell stay with Ohio State through the playoff? 3 things to know from his Cincinnati press conference
- Ohio State is used to playing (and winning) against Heisman Trophy finalists
- Ohio State DC Luke Fickell sticking with Buckeyes through College Football Playoff run