COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Two players were ejected after a scuffle broke out late in No. 24 Ohio State’s home game against Northwestern.Big men Amir Williams of the Buckeyes and the Wildcats’ Nikola Cerina exchanged shoves during a scrum under the basket with 5:24 left and Ohio State leading 66-50.Officials quickly stepped in, but not before the Buckeyes’ LaQuinton Ross also traded shoves with Cerina and other Northwestern players.The officials huddled at midcourt during a lengthy delay to decide penalties. After 10 minutes, Cerina and Ross were both ejected. The teams then shot a combined 10 free throws as a result of the conflict.Ross had led the Buckeyes to that point with 16 points. Cerina was scoreless with four fouls.To that point, there had not been any extraordinary contact in the game – the only one between the Big Ten teams during the regular season.
- Ohio State football | Defense looks to cut down on 'chunk' plays
- Ohio State football: Micah Parsons sets visit, another black stripe gone, and more
- Ohio State Recruit Embarrasses Regular Human Defender With Devastating Stiff Arm
- Ohio State Buckeyes Bookie News Aug 19: ‘Stacked With Quality 5 Years Players’
- Freshman RB J.K. Dobbins will have a role that matters in Buckeyes offense: Ohio State football analysis