COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Two players were ejected after a scuffle broke out late in No. 24 Ohio State’s home game against Northwestern.Big men Amir Williams of the Buckeyes and the Wildcats’ Nikola Cerina exchanged shoves during a scrum under the basket with 5:24 left and Ohio State leading 66-50.Officials quickly stepped in, but not before the Buckeyes’ LaQuinton Ross also traded shoves with Cerina and other Northwestern players.The officials huddled at midcourt during a lengthy delay to decide penalties. After 10 minutes, Cerina and Ross were both ejected. The teams then shot a combined 10 free throws as a result of the conflict.Ross had led the Buckeyes to that point with 16 points. Cerina was scoreless with four fouls.To that point, there had not been any extraordinary contact in the game – the only one between the Big Ten teams during the regular season.
Ohio State Video
- Ohio State Buckeyes lose at home to Louisiana Tech
- Ohio State falls to Louisiana Tech, first back-to-back home losses since ’08
- Louisiana Tech defeats Ohio State, 82-74, remains undefeated
- College Football Playoff 2015: Predicting Final 4 Teams After Latest Rankings
- Five CFP thoughts: Oklahoma makes giant leap into top 4; is Baylor still in playoff picture?