COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Two players were ejected after a scuffle broke out late in No. 24 Ohio State’s home game against Northwestern.Big men Amir Williams of the Buckeyes and the Wildcats’ Nikola Cerina exchanged shoves during a scrum under the basket with 5:24 left and Ohio State leading 66-50.Officials quickly stepped in, but not before the Buckeyes’ LaQuinton Ross also traded shoves with Cerina and other Northwestern players.The officials huddled at midcourt during a lengthy delay to decide penalties. After 10 minutes, Cerina and Ross were both ejected. The teams then shot a combined 10 free throws as a result of the conflict.Ross had led the Buckeyes to that point with 16 points. Cerina was scoreless with four fouls.To that point, there had not been any extraordinary contact in the game – the only one between the Big Ten teams during the regular season.
Ohio State Video
- NFL Draft notebook: One gigantic Ohio State celebration
- Seattle Seahawks take TE Nick Vannett from Ohio State with a 3rd-round pick
- Ohio State sets NFL draft record with 10 picks through three rounds
- At a glance: The Saints’ second second-round pick, Ohio State safety Vonn Bell
- Texans take Ohio State receiver Braxton Miller in third round