COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Two players were ejected after a scuffle broke out late in No. 24 Ohio State’s home game against Northwestern.Big men Amir Williams of the Buckeyes and the Wildcats’ Nikola Cerina exchanged shoves during a scrum under the basket with 5:24 left and Ohio State leading 66-50.Officials quickly stepped in, but not before the Buckeyes’ LaQuinton Ross also traded shoves with Cerina and other Northwestern players.The officials huddled at midcourt during a lengthy delay to decide penalties. After 10 minutes, Cerina and Ross were both ejected. The teams then shot a combined 10 free throws as a result of the conflict.Ross had led the Buckeyes to that point with 16 points. Cerina was scoreless with four fouls.To that point, there had not been any extraordinary contact in the game – the only one between the Big Ten teams during the regular season.
- Urban Meyer visits Jayson Oweh; new defensive end name emerges: Ohio State football recruiting
- Ohio State football podcast: Buckeyes make final pitch to Jayson Oweh as signing day nears
- College football's new early signing period: What is it? What does it mean for Ohio State?
- Ohio State Defensive End Nick Bosa Already Preparing For Bigger Role in 2018
- Ohio State football: Michael Thomas joins elite NFL club; Ryan Shazier attends Steelers-Patriots