COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Two players were ejected after a scuffle broke out late in No. 24 Ohio State’s home game against Northwestern.Big men Amir Williams of the Buckeyes and the Wildcats’ Nikola Cerina exchanged shoves during a scrum under the basket with 5:24 left and Ohio State leading 66-50.Officials quickly stepped in, but not before the Buckeyes’ LaQuinton Ross also traded shoves with Cerina and other Northwestern players.The officials huddled at midcourt during a lengthy delay to decide penalties. After 10 minutes, Cerina and Ross were both ejected. The teams then shot a combined 10 free throws as a result of the conflict.Ross had led the Buckeyes to that point with 16 points. Cerina was scoreless with four fouls.To that point, there had not been any extraordinary contact in the game – the only one between the Big Ten teams during the regular season.
Ohio State Video
- Ohio State Buckeyes at Penn State Nittany Lions, Saturday Week 8, Las Vegas Odds, College Football Betting, Picks and Prediction
- Ohio State LB Raekwon McMillan on Alabama, wake-up calls, and another star-studded defense
- Buckeye Gameday: How to Watch Ohio State at Penn State
- Penn State vs. Ohio State 2016: Start time, live stream, TV schedule, and 3 things to know
- Ohio State vs Penn State live stream: Watch Buckeyes vs Nittany Lions