TOLEDO, Ohio — James Gant stood up on the stage at Toledo (Ohio) St. John’s Jesuit’s assembly room proudly wearing his new bright red Ohio State hat. His son, Dallas, had just announced his commitment to Ohio State and the two were posing for pictures and doing the Buckeyes “OH-IO” pose as the hot lights from above the stage beamed down. James was smiling bigger than he’s ever smiled in his life. He was so proud to be a Buckeye. That’s weird because James is a Michigan fan. “I was a Michigan fan,” James said, letting out deep breath while hesitating to admit it. “I was a Michigan fan, no doubt about it. I’ll tell you man, this is Toledo. This is a half and half city.” Let’s say it better: James was a Michigan fan. That the father of Ohio State’s most recent verbal commitment is a Michigan fan is ironic enough –…
- How one of the best OCs ever will change Ohio State
- Alabama tops FWAA Super 16 preseason poll; From B1G: 2. Ohio State, 6. Penn State, 11. Michigan, 12. Wisconsin
- Emory Jones visiting Bama-FSU, Nesta Silvera firm to Miami: Ohio State football recruiting
- College football rankings: When was the last time Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State wasn't ranked No. 1 in the AP Top 25 poll?
- Buckeyes' football practice facility Woody Hayes Athletic Center in line for another renovation