COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State picked up a big commitment May 16 when Toledo (Ohio) St. John’s Jesuit 4-star linebacker Dallas Gant chose the Buckeyes over Notre Dame and Michigan. Gant became the second Ohioan among Ohio State’s 10 commits in the Class of 2018, joining 4-star running back Jaelen Gill from Westerville South. To learn more about Gant, Land of 10 spoke with former St. John’s Jesuit coach Doug Pearson, who coached Gant the first three years of his high school career. Q: What traits of his stand out on the football field? Pearson: His length and his ability to run are his two biggest attributes. Because of his length, he can do a variety of things, whether it’s coverage or rush or whatever. Obviously he can run from sideline to sideline, so that’s huge at the high school level. Q: From an off-the-field standpoint, is there anything he excels at? Pearson: He’s almost…
- Ohio State football observations: 5 things to know from first practice in 2017
- Four-Star Offensive Tackle William Barnes Includes Ohio State in Top 7
- Ohio State Football: Marcus Hooker Commits, Tradition Continued.
- Ohio State football | Fall camp opens with early morning workout
- Darvon Hubbard excited to work for Ohio State, Devyn Ford impressed by Buckeyes and more