COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State picked up a big commitment May 16 when Toledo (Ohio) St. John’s Jesuit 4-star linebacker Dallas Gant chose the Buckeyes over Notre Dame and Michigan. Gant became the second Ohioan among Ohio State’s 10 commits in the Class of 2018, joining 4-star running back Jaelen Gill from Westerville South. To learn more about Gant, Land of 10 spoke with former St. John’s Jesuit coach Doug Pearson, who coached Gant the first three years of his high school career. Q: What traits of his stand out on the football field? Pearson: His length and his ability to run are his two biggest attributes. Because of his length, he can do a variety of things, whether it’s coverage or rush or whatever. Obviously he can run from sideline to sideline, so that’s huge at the high school level. Q: From an off-the-field standpoint, is there anything he excels at? Pearson: He’s almost…
- Many Happy (Punt) Returns for the Buckeyes in 2017?
- Ohio State Football: Early signing period can only hurt Buckeyes’ recruiting
- Buckeye Football Notebook: 'He creates havoc in the backfield'
- Best teams ever Alabama Crimson Tide, Clemson Tigers, Ohio State Buckeyes, Michigan Wolverines, Penn State Nittany Lions
- Ohio State goes national championship hunting, Mike Weber trolls Clemson and more