COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State football opens the 2017 season on Aug. 31 at Indiana. We’re counting down the top 50 Buckeyes for this season taking into account talent, past accomplishments, team need and potential. No. 39: Jake Hausmann, Redshirt Freshman, Tight End Height, weight: 6-foot-4, 252 pounds. Hometown: Cincinnati. Where he was ranked entering last season: Hausmann was unranked on our 2016 list before his true freshman season. That was the right call. What he’s done: Why was that the right call last year? Because Hausmann didn’t play, one of the 12 out of the 23 true freshman who redshirted. Why Hausmann is No. 39: He’s ahead of some others in his recruiting class, like No. 42 Jonathon Cooper and No. 40 Malik Harrison, because of opportunity. A.J. Alexander, the backup tight end a year ago, is out for the season after knee surgery. The returning starter at tight end, Marcus Baugh, missed spring ball after offseason surgery. Regardless, the…
- Ohio State podcast: Buckeyes trying to keep hopes alive for a Big Ten basketball title
- Ohio State: Why Urban Meyer’s contract extension is big deal; Buckeyes face Indiana in regular-season finale
- Ohio State on the offer train Thursday in a big way
- Ohio State recruiting: Pennsylvania’s top prospect to visit; Jowon Briggs picks back up with Buckeyes
- Kirk Herbstreit defends being an Ohio State 'homer'