COLUMBUS, Ohio — Erick Smith’s Ohio State career has been confusing. Speaking last weekend about being in the mix for the open safety spot this year, Smith brought up his injury past and the effect it’s had on his ability to compete. The way Smith said it made it seem like he had suffered the injury last season: “It feels good to be back out there, man,” Smith said. “After my injury or whatever, it feels good to recover and be back out there.” When a guy hasn’t played much of a featured role, he tends to get lost in the shuffle a bit. So the way Smith said that made sense, and you can quickly trick yourself into thinking Smith has some sort of injury-riddled past that’s kept him from being anything more than a special teams player. You could lump him in with his former Glenville High School teammate…
- How one of the best OCs ever will change Ohio State
- Alabama tops FWAA Super 16 preseason poll; From B1G: 2. Ohio State, 6. Penn State, 11. Michigan, 12. Wisconsin
- Emory Jones visiting Bama-FSU, Nesta Silvera firm to Miami: Ohio State football recruiting
- College football rankings: When was the last time Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State wasn't ranked No. 1 in the AP Top 25 poll?
- Buckeyes' football practice facility Woody Hayes Athletic Center in line for another renovation