12-0. That’s how four of five writers from Athlon Sports felt Ohio State would finish the 2017 regular season. The only writer that didn’t have the Buckeyes escaping the year unscathed had the team finishing 9-3. Athlon Sports recently ranked Ohio State No. 2 with its top 25 poll, and several are already picking Urban Meyer’s bunch to return to the College Football Playoff for a third time. If the Buckeyes do go undefeated this fall, it’d be a lock for one of the four spots. Why so much faith in the Buckeyes? Here are a few explanations that were provided. Even with the inexperienced secondary, and a wide receiver group that needs to take a significant step forward, the talent and the coaching have me comfortable projecting Ohio State to win every game in 2017. If the Buckeyes should stumble, I do not see it happening more than once.…
- How one of the best OCs ever will change Ohio State
- Alabama tops FWAA Super 16 preseason poll; From B1G: 2. Ohio State, 6. Penn State, 11. Michigan, 12. Wisconsin
- Emory Jones visiting Bama-FSU, Nesta Silvera firm to Miami: Ohio State football recruiting
- College football rankings: When was the last time Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State wasn't ranked No. 1 in the AP Top 25 poll?
- Buckeyes' football practice facility Woody Hayes Athletic Center in line for another renovation