COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State coach Urban Meyer awarded scholarships to two senior walk-ons, WR Elijaah Goins and LB Zach Turnure, on Saturday. The Buckeyes had 83 players on scholarship prior to awarding Goins and Turnure their scholarships for their senior year. See the scholarship chart here, which includes Ohio State’s freshman class. Goins, from Concord, N.C., and Turnure, from St. Louis, both played on special teams last season and each participated in 12 games. Ohio State had two former walk-ons earn scholarships before last season when it awarded scholarships to key special teamers Joe Burger and Craig Fada in January of 2016. Doesn’t get much better than this. Congratulations to @WorkHardSleepEz for earning a well-deserved scholarship!#GoBucks pic.twitter.com/a3Yu5ZqWoz — Ohio State Football (@OhioStateFB) August 12, 2017 Hard work produces positive results here at Ohio State! Congratulations to @ZachTurnure25 for earning a scholarship!#GoBucks pic.twitter.com/JkHXZlmCVe — Ohio State Football (@OhioStateFB) August 12,…
- Ohio State taking its turn to dominate Michigan in rivalry
- Football: Ohio State offensive line tasked with slowing Michigan’s stout defensive line
- College Football predictions: Does Michigan nip Ohio State? MSU rolls
- No. 9 Ohio State to wear Terry Glenn helmet sticker vs. No. 24 Michigan
- Can Ohio State come away with another quarterback in the 2018 recruiting class?