COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State football opens the 2017 season on Aug. 31 at Indiana. We’re counting down the top 50 Buckeyes for this season, taking into account talent, past accomplishments, team need and potential. No. 17: Kendall Sheffield, Sophomore, Cornerback Height, weight: 6-foot, 183 pounds. Hometown: Missouri City, Texas. Where he was ranked last season: Sheffield was playing junior college ball at Blinn College this time last year. What he’s done: At Ohio State? Nothing. Well other than enroll early last spring and immediately insert himself into the cornerback rotation. That’s pretty good. It’s also exactly the reason the Buckeyes signed Sheffield in the 2017 recruiting class. He played for one season at Alabama, but red-shirted and then transferred to Blinn College. Why Sheffield is No. 17: We’re ranking Sheffield here because we’re assuming that he’ll fulfill the role Ohio State envisioned for him. Though it hasn’t always worked out this way…
- Ohio State men's basketball | Postgame blog: Buckeyes rally to beat Stanford in PK80
- Ohio State will honor Terry Glenn with helmet decals in ‘The Game’ on Saturday
- Seidel's picks: Will Michigan football be run off field by Ohio State?
- Miami loss removes College Football Playoff obstacle for Ohio State
- Pittsburgh Upsets Miami, Bolstering Ohio State's College Football Playoff Hopes