COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State football opens the 2017 season on Aug. 31 at Indiana. We’re counting down the top 50 Buckeyes for this season, taking into account talent, past accomplishments, team need and potential. No. 17: Kendall Sheffield, Sophomore, Cornerback Height, weight: 6-foot, 183 pounds. Hometown: Missouri City, Texas. Where he was ranked last season: Sheffield was playing junior college ball at Blinn College this time last year. What he’s done: At Ohio State? Nothing. Well other than enroll early last spring and immediately insert himself into the cornerback rotation. That’s pretty good. It’s also exactly the reason the Buckeyes signed Sheffield in the 2017 recruiting class. He played for one season at Alabama, but red-shirted and then transferred to Blinn College. Why Sheffield is No. 17: We’re ranking Sheffield here because we’re assuming that he’ll fulfill the role Ohio State envisioned for him. Though it hasn’t always worked out this way…
- How one of the best OCs ever will change Ohio State
- Alabama tops FWAA Super 16 preseason poll; From B1G: 2. Ohio State, 6. Penn State, 11. Michigan, 12. Wisconsin
- Emory Jones visiting Bama-FSU, Nesta Silvera firm to Miami: Ohio State football recruiting
- College football rankings: When was the last time Alabama, Clemson or Ohio State wasn't ranked No. 1 in the AP Top 25 poll?
- Buckeyes' football practice facility Woody Hayes Athletic Center in line for another renovation