COLUMBUS, Ohio — Baker Mayfield threw for 386 yards and three touchdowns against Ohio State and basically single-handedly beat the Buckeyes 31-16 on Saturday night. Is that the kind of performance OSU fans should be hoping for if and when fourth-string quarterback Tate Martell starts one day? In the latest edition of “House Martell,” we continued our efforts to talk about Ohio State’s popular and intriguing No. 4 quarterback every week. Last week, Martell helped prep the Buckeyes for their big game by playing Mayfield on scout team. Will he be like that on the field in an actual game? Watch what Tim Bielik, Bill Landis and I had to say. Then subscribe to our Ohio State football YouTube channel, where we now have a Tate Martell playlist so you won’t miss a single episode of the only weekly Games of Thrones-named backup quarterback video on the web.
- Ohio State podcast: Buckeyes trying to keep hopes alive for a Big Ten basketball title
- Ohio State: Why Urban Meyer’s contract extension is big deal; Buckeyes face Indiana in regular-season finale
- Ohio State on the offer train Thursday in a big way
- Ohio State recruiting: Pennsylvania’s top prospect to visit; Jowon Briggs picks back up with Buckeyes
- Kirk Herbstreit defends being an Ohio State 'homer'