For some college basketball coaches, playing second fiddle to football at a school like Ohio State could be a turnoff. Chris Holtmann is of a different mindset. After being hired as the Buckeyes’ head basketball coach on June 9, Holtmann acknowledged the fact that Ohio State is without question a football school, something he added did not bother him. “I love it. Love it. I think it’s great,” Holtmann said during his introductory press conference. “I think it adds to this place. I think it was exciting to me, to be quite honest with you.” Having been in Columbus for more than three months now, Holtmann is utilizing some of the best resources Ohio State has to offer. One of those resources? The head football coach. “(Urban Meyer) has shared some great information and insight into what makes this place special and what makes a kid choose Ohio State.”– Chris Holtmann on what…
- Ohio State podcast: Buckeyes trying to keep hopes alive for a Big Ten basketball title
- Ohio State: Why Urban Meyer’s contract extension is big deal; Buckeyes face Indiana in regular-season finale
- Ohio State on the offer train Thursday in a big way
- Ohio State recruiting: Pennsylvania’s top prospect to visit; Jowon Briggs picks back up with Buckeyes
- Kirk Herbstreit defends being an Ohio State 'homer'