For some college basketball coaches, playing second fiddle to football at a school like Ohio State could be a turnoff. Chris Holtmann is of a different mindset. After being hired as the Buckeyes’ head basketball coach on June 9, Holtmann acknowledged the fact that Ohio State is without question a football school, something he added did not bother him. “I love it. Love it. I think it’s great,” Holtmann said during his introductory press conference. “I think it adds to this place. I think it was exciting to me, to be quite honest with you.” Having been in Columbus for more than three months now, Holtmann is utilizing some of the best resources Ohio State has to offer. One of those resources? The head football coach. “(Urban Meyer) has shared some great information and insight into what makes this place special and what makes a kid choose Ohio State.”– Chris Holtmann on what…
- Ohio State men's basketball | Postgame blog: Buckeyes rally to beat Stanford in PK80
- Ohio State will honor Terry Glenn with helmet decals in ‘The Game’ on Saturday
- Seidel's picks: Will Michigan football be run off field by Ohio State?
- Miami loss removes College Football Playoff obstacle for Ohio State
- Pittsburgh Upsets Miami, Bolstering Ohio State's College Football Playoff Hopes