12:00 PM ET COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith sat down in one of the red stadium seats in his spacious suite in Ohio Stadium just before kickoff on Saturday, wearing a casual red button-down shirt with the Ohio State logo over the pocket. With the massive windows open, he had to raise his voice and lean in to have a conversation over the noise from the raucous crowd. “When I sit here and watch our game, I watch and see how our offensive line does, how our defensive line does,” he said. “When I’m here, in this seat, watching our game, I’m not even thinking about the College Football Playoff.” He saves that for Sundays. And, eventually, Mondays. And Tuesdays. Smith is one of three new members on the selection committee — and one of its highest-profile members — who will help determine the top four…
- Ohio State podcast: Buckeyes trying to keep hopes alive for a Big Ten basketball title
- Ohio State: Why Urban Meyer’s contract extension is big deal; Buckeyes face Indiana in regular-season finale
- Ohio State on the offer train Thursday in a big way
- Ohio State recruiting: Pennsylvania’s top prospect to visit; Jowon Briggs picks back up with Buckeyes
- Kirk Herbstreit defends being an Ohio State 'homer'