12:00 PM ET COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith sat down in one of the red stadium seats in his spacious suite in Ohio Stadium just before kickoff on Saturday, wearing a casual red button-down shirt with the Ohio State logo over the pocket. With the massive windows open, he had to raise his voice and lean in to have a conversation over the noise from the raucous crowd. “When I sit here and watch our game, I watch and see how our offensive line does, how our defensive line does,” he said. “When I’m here, in this seat, watching our game, I’m not even thinking about the College Football Playoff.” He saves that for Sundays. And, eventually, Mondays. And Tuesdays. Smith is one of three new members on the selection committee — and one of its highest-profile members — who will help determine the top four…
- Ohio State men's basketball | Postgame blog: Buckeyes rally to beat Stanford in PK80
- Ohio State will honor Terry Glenn with helmet decals in ‘The Game’ on Saturday
- Seidel's picks: Will Michigan football be run off field by Ohio State?
- Miami loss removes College Football Playoff obstacle for Ohio State
- Pittsburgh Upsets Miami, Bolstering Ohio State's College Football Playoff Hopes