COLUMBUS, Ohio — A month ago some Ohio State faithful urged the benching of quarterback J.T. Barrett because of the anemic passing game. Now he’s being talked about as a potential Heisman Trophy candidate. It’s been all good lately for the fifth-year senior, statistically the best quarterback to ever play at Ohio State. MORE: Wolverines quarterback John O’Korn has roots near State College He’s piled up passing yards and touchdowns in five straight blowouts since the Buckeyes lost to Oklahoma in Week 2. Despite beating badly out-manned opponents in those contests, coach Urban Meyer said Barrett and the rest of the offense have made immense strides since stumbling against Oklahoma. total TDsOur QB1 is on .Congrats to @JT_theQB4th for being named @bigten Offensive Player of the Week!https://t.co/CWExw1g4RZ pic.twitter.com/oM1FleSZq9 — Ohio State Football (@OhioStateFB) October 16, 2017 In fact, it looks to some a little like 2014, when Barrett — then a…
- Ohio State podcast: Buckeyes trying to keep hopes alive for a Big Ten basketball title
- Ohio State: Why Urban Meyer’s contract extension is big deal; Buckeyes face Indiana in regular-season finale
- Ohio State on the offer train Thursday in a big way
- Ohio State recruiting: Pennsylvania’s top prospect to visit; Jowon Briggs picks back up with Buckeyes
- Kirk Herbstreit defends being an Ohio State 'homer'