COLUMBUS, Ohio — A month ago some Ohio State faithful urged the benching of quarterback J.T. Barrett because of the anemic passing game. Now he’s being talked about as a potential Heisman Trophy candidate. It’s been all good lately for the fifth-year senior, statistically the best quarterback to ever play at Ohio State. MORE: Wolverines quarterback John O’Korn has roots near State College He’s piled up passing yards and touchdowns in five straight blowouts since the Buckeyes lost to Oklahoma in Week 2. Despite beating badly out-manned opponents in those contests, coach Urban Meyer said Barrett and the rest of the offense have made immense strides since stumbling against Oklahoma. total TDsOur QB1 is on .Congrats to @JT_theQB4th for being named @bigten Offensive Player of the Week!https://t.co/CWExw1g4RZ pic.twitter.com/oM1FleSZq9 — Ohio State Football (@OhioStateFB) October 16, 2017 In fact, it looks to some a little like 2014, when Barrett — then a…
- Ohio State men's basketball | Postgame blog: Buckeyes rally to beat Stanford in PK80
- Ohio State will honor Terry Glenn with helmet decals in ‘The Game’ on Saturday
- Seidel's picks: Will Michigan football be run off field by Ohio State?
- Miami loss removes College Football Playoff obstacle for Ohio State
- Pittsburgh Upsets Miami, Bolstering Ohio State's College Football Playoff Hopes