COLUMBUS, Ohio — Time to pay attention to the playoff rankings again, Ohio State fans. No. 6 in the first rankings two weeks ago, the Buckeyes dropped to No. 13 after their blowout loss at Iowa. But after a 48-3 win over No. 12 Michigan State, and a total of five losses by teams ranked above them, the playoff is back on the radar. When the third College Football Playoff rankings are released on ESPN on Tuesday night at 9 p.m., Ohio State should be ranked somewhere between No. 8 and No. 10. That’s high enough to mean that the Buckeyes will be positioned if they keep winning, and some others keep losing. Bottom line – if Ohio State is the Big Ten champ, it will have a shot to make football’s final four. I laid out the path to the playoff earlier this week. We discussed it further in the video…
- Ohio State men's basketball | Postgame blog: Buckeyes rally to beat Stanford in PK80
- Ohio State will honor Terry Glenn with helmet decals in ‘The Game’ on Saturday
- Seidel's picks: Will Michigan football be run off field by Ohio State?
- Miami loss removes College Football Playoff obstacle for Ohio State
- Pittsburgh Upsets Miami, Bolstering Ohio State's College Football Playoff Hopes